Hopefully in 3 years no one will be calling your schema 'legacy' and 'not
suggested' like they do with mine.

On Thursday, February 20, 2014, Laing, Michael <michael.la...@nytimes.com>
wrote:
> Just to add my 2 cents...
> We are very happy CQL users, running in production.
> I have had no problems modeling whatever I have needed to, including
problems similar to the examples set forth previously, in CQL.
> Personally I think it is an excellent improvement to Cassandra, and we
have no intentions to ever look back to thrift.
> Michael Laing
> Systems Architect
> NYTimes
>
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 7:49 PM, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> On Thursday, February 20, 2014, Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com> wrote:

test new features and report problems/suggest improvement. So thanks to
anyone like RĂ¼diger that actually tries stuff and take the time to report
problems when they think they encounter one. Keep at it, *you* are the one
helping Cassandra to get better everyday.

>> > Perhaps people who are prototyping their first application with a
piece of software are not the ideal people to beta test it?

>> > The people catching new version bullets for the community should be
experienced operators choosing to do so in development and staging
environments.
>> > The current paradigm ensures that new users have to deal with
Cassandra problems that interfere with their prototyping process and
initial production deploy, presumably getting a very bad initial impression
of Cassandra in the process.
>> > =Rob
>> >

>> You would be surprised how many people pick software a of software b
based on initial impressions.

>> The reason I ended up choosing cassandra over hbase mostly boilded down
to c* being easy to set up and not crashing. If it took us say 3 days to
stand up a cassandra cluster and do the hello world thing i might very well
be a voldemort user!