From: Ouyang, Landon - ES/RDR -Gil [mailto:landon.ouy...@itt.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 2:08 PM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: RE: [SCXML] getting set datats in the datamodel

I am trying to implement a history state.  It does work, returns to the calling
state, however it enters all the super states before getting to the calling
state.  Which also calls entry actions (when there are entry actions).  This is
not the behavior I was expecting.  Can you explain to me how to prevent this?

Below is the command line output from a small program that accepts trigger
events and has a listener attached to the states that outputs the current state.
[spalmis...@linuxserver src]$ run.sh
Default scxml file is: HistoryTest.scxml
Enter path to over-ride (or enter to continue):
trigger>TO_STATE12
In State12
trigger>TO_STATE32
In State3
In State32
trigger>STATE32_TO_HISTORY
In TopState  (This is what I don't want!!)
In State1    (This is what I don't want!!)
In State12   (This is what I do want)
trigger>

SCXML file used:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<scxml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml";
xmlns:my="http://www.company.com";
xmlns:uml="http://schema.omg.org/spec/UML/2.1.1";
xmlns:xmi="http://schema.omg.org/spec/XMI/2.1"; version="1.0"
initial="StateMachineInitial">
  <state id="TopState">
    <state id="State3">
      <state id="State31">
        <transition event="STATE31_TO_HISTORY" target="S1History"/>
      </state>
      <state id="State32">
        <transition event="STATE32_TO_HISTORY" target="S1History"/>
      </state>
      <initial id="State3Initial">
        <transition target="State31"/>
      </initial>
    </state>
    <initial id="TopStateInitial">
      <transition target="State1"/>
    </initial>
    <state id="State1">
      <state id="State12">
        <transition event="TO_STATE32" target="State32"/>
        <transition event="TO_STATE11" target="State11"/>
      </state>
      <state id="State11">
        <transition event="TO_STATE31" target="State31"/>
        <transition event="TO_STATE12" target="State12"/>
      </state>
      <history id="S1History" type="deep">
        <transition target="State11"/>
      </history>
      <initial id="S1Initial">
        <transition target="State11"/>
      </initial>
    </state>
    <transition event="END" target="StateMachineFinal"/>
  </state>
  <state id="StateMachineInitial">
    <transition target="TopState"/>
  </state>
  <final id="StateMachineFinal"/>
</scxml>

--
Landon Ouyang
Senior Design Engineer

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are
addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation.
The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.