FileUpload is pretty straight forward and the examples are clear. However
it sound to me like you are describing a scenario like this:

On Machine A, files foo, bar, baz, etc. and file FilesList.txt with the
full paths for those files.

On Server B: A web app with a form and your servlet.

User at Machine A loads the form from Server B, chooses FilesList.txt and
submits the form back to Server B, uploading FilesList.txt. Your servlet
reads the paths in FilesList.txt and requests that Machine A send it each
file listed.

Is that correct? In any case, this scenario won't work without a program on
Machine A that could accept a request from Server B for those files (maybe
a webapp and servlet running on Machine A). But Server B cannot simply tell
the browser "send me the following files". You cannot even
pre-populate the <input
type="file"... element with path strings from FilesList.txt in any form you
send back.

The user on Machine A is going to have to send each file separately, or zip
them up and send them.

My apologies if I got this scenario wrong.

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 8:05 PM, Konrad Zuse <thekonradz...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am basically uploading a file to my server, but within that file
> contains path information to images that also need to be uploaded.  I am
> looking to read the file mid stream and get the data for the images to
> upload.  It seems I am able to do this, but if this is not possible will I
> be able save the file, read it, and then be able to get these images?
>
> I am curious about how I will go about grabbing the additional files?  I
> see that streaming works with InputStream from JavaIO as well as something
> from CommonsIO, so I figured I could configure something to work with the
> fileupload stream.
>
> I also thought that I could possibly try to create a form through my
> servlet and pass the data through that, but I figured this would be the
> less favorable approach.
>
> If anyone has any advice or thoughts I would appreciate it... Thanks!

Marlowe, *Doctor Faustus* (v. 121-24)