@Nirmalya: Yes, this is right if you temperatures don’t have any other field on
which you could partition them.

@Stefano: Under some circumstances it would be possible to use a a combiner
(I’m using the name as Hadoop MapReduce would use it, here). When the
assignment of elements to windows happens based on the timestamp in the
elements and window triggering happens based on watermark it is possible to
combine locally. The reason is that the elements will end up in the same
windows regardless of the time at which the window is processed so it can be
done in two steps. Does that make sense? It’s a very ad-hoc description and I
could make up a drawing or something if that helped. :D