On Tue, Jun 2, 2020, 09:07 MARTINEZ, ARIEL <amarti...@hostos.cuny.edu>
wrote:

> Got it. In the guacd.conf the bind host should be the server running guacd
> correct?

It should be the address that you want guacd to bind to. This will
determine which network interface(s) can be used to connect to guacd.

Specifying 127.0.0.1 will cause guacd to bind to localhost, thus only
allowing connections over the loopback interface. Specifying the wildcard
address (0.0.0.0) will allow connections over any interface. Specifying the
address of a specific interface will allow connections only through that
interface and address.

Also, once I do something similar with the guacamole.properties file, if
> communication between the components is working properly, should I at least
> get the guacamole login page or will I need to also go through the
> users/authentication/db settings first?

You would need to try accessing a connection.

The login page and settings are all independent of guacd. The guacd service
only comes into play when an remote desktop connection is being used.