On Thu, May 28, 2020, 14:18 Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 5:10 PM Peter De Tender <pe...@pdtit.be> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I agree on optimizing documentation could be a good project; maybe it can
>> be moved to a GitHub alike scenario where "anyone" can contribute to it and
>> improve it?
>>

> It already is :-)
>
> https://github.com/apache/guacamole-manual
>
> And we certainly welcome any contributions.  They need to follow the
> overall project guidelines for contributions - JIRA issue, style
> guidelines, pull requests, etc.

I think the idea of using a system like Read the Docs has been floated
before. If that would help foster greater community involvement in
documentation, perhaps we should look further into migrating.

I believe there is a way to remove the ads that would otherwise be shown
through paying for a membership of some kind with Read the Docs. If that
platform does seem the way to go, my dayjob would be happy to pay for it
(though I'm personally unfamiliar with the ASF procedures for a company
sponsoring project resources).