Andrew:  nicely put.

Jeff W:  I agree with your ordering.

Stack:  I agree with the book change for inclusion, and I agree with the
caveat about 'free as in free beer'.

Todd/Ryan:  regarding the book reference to CDH, I think the CDH reference
being 'free as in beer' reference is an important differentiator, if it
wasn't it would be a different story.

Ted:  re: "My only test for these would be something that helps hbase
users", I agree with the intent,  as long as the available license isn't
only commercial.