Hi Aseem,

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Aseem Kishore <aseem.kish...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the 1.4 auto-index only "exact"? Or can it be configured to be a
> "fulltext" index?

Yes, currently the auto-indexes are only exact, there is no
straightforward way to configure them explicitly. This is a known
shortcoming and will be remedied pretty soon.
Another addition that is coming, by the way, is the visibility of
changes of the auto index within the transaction, instead of waiting
for commit time as is now.

> (Btw, it would be awesome if we could have two auto-indexes: one exact, one
> full-text. It would be great in general if all indexing could be auto. Not
> sure when you would ever want/need manual indexing.)

Well, a lot of use cases call for manual indexing, when for example it
is conditional or the use of multiple indexes is required. If,
however, auto indexing covers all your needs then by all means, do
just that.

cheers,
CG