Chris, I think that auto indexing is another great reason for a formal concept
of "node type".  It could provide an unambiguous link between a node and its
indexing strategy(ies).

----- Reply message -----
From: "Chris Gioran" <chris.gio...@neotechnology.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 18, 2011 6:16 am
Subject: [Neo4j] Auto-index fulltext?
To: "Neo4j user discussions" <user@lists.neo4j.org>

No, that is not what i meant. The main idea is to provide the means to
configure at least some aspects of the auto index instead of relying
on the default settings only. There will still be one auto index for
each primitive category.
However, one feature under consideration is to actually allow an
arbitrary number of auto indexes, each of which will allow for
individual configuration. So, when that comes along you will have what
you described (and more, actually).

thanks,
CG