But then,
how about conditionals and more complex stuff like relationships
connected to nodes, inferred type because of in-graph reasoning etc?
Node Type as a simple String is not adding much over other
recognizable patterns, and much less usable other than "crude"
scenarios. If you want that, why not set a TYPE property and then (in
future versions) link conditional auto-indexing to that?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

GTalk:      neubauer.peter
Skype       peter.neubauer