Ted - I read your blog post and the paper you refer to/wrote and several other
authors that sited your paper, but I am having trouble with the overall
approach for putting all the pieces together.  Would you mind giving me a nudge
with the intuition?  I realize you have been doing this for almost 30 years;
however, I am just a cave man...  Thank you.