From: BJ Freeman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 5:04 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: shipments made for out of stock items

so to expand on this.
we have many services that do many things.
but each customer has a different way they want it done
so in products page, a dropdown of toplevel logic service.
for Out of Stock.
the consultant use the webtools import to put in their top level
service, name thisismytoplevelforoutofstock.
this service would then call the other services that are here to
implement their business logic

hope that clears it up.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 10/24/2007 4:49 PM:
> Ok I guess this comes under business logic
> and hopefully we can have may such services that can be configured based
> on the product, but assigning these services in the product configuration.
> I am trying to think not as this is my requirement, but a best way to
> expand ofbiz that lets consultant configure with out changing ofbiz as
such.

> and yes, allow to be backward compatible by putting in a default service
> with the current business logic
>
> I think this effort would satisfy everyone and allow for future
> expansion with a lot more ease.
>
> Skip sent the following on 10/24/2007 4:38 PM:
>> BJ
>>
>> I think we are talking about different issues.  The flag would only be
used
>> to determine whether the existing quickship code is run or whether
inventory
>> checks are done and requirements created for out of stock items when the
>> quickship button is pressed.  The satisfaction of the requirements, i.e.
>> dropshipped or backordered etc. would be determined by other (hopefully
>> existing) code.  In this way, existing Ofbiz users who want the existing
>> behavior would be unaffected and those of us with walk-in customers who
>> backorder things have an easier time getting it done.
>>
>> For my current customer, I actually need to give the purchasing guy both
>> options (dropship from multiple suppliers and backorder and ship
locally).
>> But, I expect this code to be in some other area (haven't looked yet).
>>
>> Skip

So,