Nice summary, thanks Paul :)

Jacques

Le 12/04/2016 19:01, Paul Mandeltort a écrit :
Also to comment on your Java observations - it has become the English of the
business programming world, so you’re going to get the whole spectrum from
code-monkies to proper computer-science educated developers working with it.
The Supreme Court and the Kardashians both speak English, would you say English
is useless?

Another killer feature of OFBiz is its service engine:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Service+Engine+Guide
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Service+Engine+Guide>

One of the cool things about OFBiz is that while it is java under the hood, the
majority business logic and customization is implemented at a scripting level
so you can rapidly test, modify, and deploy components with the option of
moving logic down to the Java layer if you do need the performance. The service
engine is elegant in that it can call services written in Java, XML workflows,
beanshell scripts, etc, so you can duct-tape different pieces together into
your business system.
—P