David Evans wrote:

Velocitys other big sellling point to me is
that i can use it during an action's execution, for instance, to create
files on disc. theres no way to do that with jsp is there?

Not sure what you mean by writing files to disc? You mean writing to the server's file system? If so, I would never consider doing that from a front end view component, but I'm thinking you must mean something else? The point of any view layer should be purely presentational. And as Craig mentioned JSP 2.0 makes it very clean to grab any object property out of any context ie..

Hi my name is ${userObject.jspIsCoolUserName}.

--
Rick