Rick,

Could you elaborate on what you find distastful about Velocity? I've
just started using it as my primary presentation layer tool in struts,
because i found the templating language so clean and clear. The ablitiy
to stick what ever object i'd like in its context, and then refer to it
in a simple intuitive language construct was fresh air for me. Tastes
vary, i know, but maybe you've run across things i haven't yet, that
turned you off.

dave