On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 21:59, Rick Reumann wrote:
> David Evans wrote:
>
> > Velocitys other big sellling point to me is
> > that i can use it during an action's execution, for instance, to create
> > files on disc. theres no way to do that with jsp is there?
>
> Not sure what you mean by writing files to disc? You mean writing to the
> server's file system? If so, I would never consider doing that from a
> front end view component, but I'm thinking you must mean something else?
> The point of any view layer should be purely presentational. And as
> Craig mentioned JSP 2.0 makes it very clean to grab any object property
> out of any context ie..
>
> Hi my name is ${userObject.jspIsCoolUserName}.

Some parts of our web site are made of static HTML pages, that are
created dynamically when ever certain actions are taken in the backend
application. so the admin user clicks a button and a static html page is
recreated. the reasoning behind this process is that these pages are
more easily discovered by search engines. or thats what i've been told
by the creator of the system. the system was in place when i got here,
and i can't change it.

dave