Long would be fine as well,
I tested option 2 and 3 and it works, the important thing is to have
gettersfor certificate and status. and an object that has a
certificate field in
your value stack,

Your last option is probably not valid unless you have used s:set to push a
bean in the value stack with name certificate (not 100% sure though)