All objects have getters/setters set, this is the except of the jsp code with the problem (trying to write a text that depends on the value of certificate.status into a table cell):

<s:if test="%{certificate.status==1}">
    <fmt:message key="certificate.status.valid" />
</s:if>
<s:elseif test="%{certificate.status==2}">
    <fmt:message key="certificate.status.revoked" />
</s:elseif>
<s:elseif test="%{certificate.status==4}">
    <fmt:message key="certificate.status.onhold" />
</s:elseif>
<s:elseif test="%{certificate.status==5}">
    <fmt:message key="certificate.status.expired" />
</s:elseif>
<s:else>
        ${certificate.status}
</s:else>

The result is that in every of these table cells only the integer value is written, hence the else branch is executed.

Any idea why?

Best
Fabian