Hi all!

When our organization was making the decision between .NET and J2EE, we
were really struck by how powerful MS's idea of web forms were.  The
ability to drag/drop web controls onto a page is very attractive, simply
because our developers were hired to develop; not generate HTML (as I'm
sure most of you were).  What eventually did .NET in (at least for us)
was MS's abysmal security record, and the flexibility afforded by J2EE
(i.e., can be deployed on any platform that has a JVM for the most
part).

Struts was the first framework project we ran into after we took the
J2EE plunge.  We all really like Struts, but we have been looking for
more streamlined ways of developing the view.

Well, I ran across Struts Layout
(http://struts.application-servers.com/index.html).  Perhaps I've been
living under a rock for a while, but it was something that I'd never
heard of before, and it seems to offer exactly what we longed for with
MS's canned "web controls".

Does anyone here have any familiarity with this project?  How does it
compare with JSF or even with some of the other presentation layer
projects like Velocity, etc.

One idea that I really like about struts layout is that it's tied
directly back to struts, so it seems that it might be a more elegant
solution than mixing technologies.

Any input?

Thanks,
Brantley Hobbs