> >Modern OSes, office suites or business software.
> >Modern guis, with integrated media support, integrated audio/video
> >broad- and unicasts, animations, sounds, and so on...
> >
> >Would you be able to code them with c? Forget it.
> >

> Why wouldn't I? We used to code most anything of importance
> in C, yanno, including some pretty fancy stuff.

C++ is not C! Really not! C++ to C is like C to assembler, like java to C++,
like modern military jet to ww2 messerschmidt...

> * What's a "modern" language, anyway? What features does a "modern"
> language have? I don't think Java is as widely used as it is
> because it's interesting or powerful, it was just a better
> C++ with marketing.

Java is actually the first component-oriented language.
But I think we should cut this branch off. It sounds like selling a tractor
to a peasant, who just wants to keep his horse,
and I'm not that good at selling :-)

Regards
Leon