Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: Iterate over list in in list in form bean.

On 7/13/05, Jörg Eichhorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

thanks for the hint and example. I've choosen the nested way to do this,
because i
think this makes the jsp code more readable.

I there a way to do the same using request scope?
When i do this i get an exception because the collection is not re-filled
anymore.

This is the same question I have, but of course I'm a week late in
asking it.  However, I noticed that no one answered  Jörg's version so
I'll ask it again:

 Is there a way to do the same using request scope?

I've been beating my head against this all weekend to no avail.  I
understand how to do this in session scope, but don't know if it's
even possible in request scope.

As I understand things (which may be wrong), when the form is
submitted (in request scope) a new form bean is created and populated
with the values in the collection from the HTML form.  But, of course,
a newly created form won't know how many elements are in the form so
it can't pre-populate the collection with beans to be filled in.
Right?  So following this path leads to wailing, lamentation, gnashing
of teeth, rending of clothes and utter frustration.  Right?

If there is simply no way to do this, I'd really appreciate someone
letting me know so that I'm put out of my misery.  And, if someone
could suggest a workaround, I'd be most welcome.