On 05/04/2011 11:21 AM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
On 5/4/11 11:10 AM, Jens Grivolla wrote:
I have recently started using the Annotation Editor (as installed in
Eclipse from http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/,
i.e. the official 2.3.1 version).

In order to add annotations it seems that you need to select the
annotation type through the "Mode" context menu, which is quite time
consuming (and error prone) if you have a large type system, and
especially when the wanted type is derived through several levels of
supertypes. Given that you already select the types of interest
through the "Annotation Styles" configuration, it would be much faster
to e.g. select your annotation mode directly from the Outline view
(which only contains your chosen subset).

You do not need to switch via the Mode context menu to add an annotation
of the desired type. The Mode type is just the type
you can annotate with the fewest key strokes. You can use "Shift" +
"Enter" to annotate a piece of text and then choose the
annotation type from a list of available types in a pop up. Each type in
this list is combined with a key short cut. When you remember
the short cut you can do something like this "Shift" + "Enter" + "p" to
create an annotation.
Where p is the letter written in front of one of your annotations.

Ok, I was finally able to try it, and given the size of our type system the list is pretty much unusable. If the list could be limited to just the visible types it could be a good solution for us.

Bye,
Jens