On 05/05/2011 01:55 PM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
On 5/5/11 1:44 PM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
That sounds like one more good reason to do that. Another one I thought
of is that it is confusing when you add an annotation which you cannot
see afterward.

So lets open a jira and do this enhancement.

Here is the jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2137

Do you think this dialog fixes the problem you reported initially with
the editor annotation mode?

Yes, I think that would work quite well for us. One issue with setting the shortcuts based on the full type system is that in our case at hand some of the annotation types we need don't get assigned a shortcut.

At least on my system (Eclipse Helios on Ubuntu 10.10) the Shift+Enter shortcut does not work, and will be treated as an unmodified Enter, i.e. no selection list appears. I haven't tried yet on other systems because I need to install the updated plugins first.

I still think it would be nice to be able to change the mode from the Outline view, but that feature would definitely have much lower priority then.

Do you also need to fill in feature values for each created annotation?

Yes, for many of them we do. Which brings me to another thing that would be interesting for us: having preset feature values filled in automatically. We would be using that to automatically fill in the annotator's name on all annotations created by them.

Bye,
Jens