>> Would you like to have the Debian packaging files in the SVN?
> I wouldn't expect packages to be in SVN.  What I would think is the
> right thing to do is to create scripts or augment the current build
> scripts to add a build target for creating the packages.  Otherwise it
> doesn't really solve the problem as we wouldn't have packages when we
> release the next version.

I wasn't refering to the whole packages - just the packaging files -
various configuration files that tell the packaging system how to build
the package.

Normally, this means adding a `debian' directory with some files in it.

Here is an example of what might be added:

./debian
./debian/changelog
./debian/compat
./debian/control