Timothy Bish wrote:
I've looked around before, and like most things that involve autoconf,
it was really confusing and made my head hurt, so I stopped looking  :)

I'm not sure about arranging the debian files in that way (packages/debian) - but I will try it.

As for testing, I'll see if I can arrange access to a Debian machine, or maybe a nightly build and package generation on one of my own machines.

I think this is really good stuff, and once it get's into Debian, other people will link to it, which creates dependencies - that means there will be more interest in the code, more troubleshooting and feedback, etc.