Re the second part of your post. If Camel is not an option, then what about a
composite queue in combination with selectors?  For example, in the snippet
below, Q.FOO gets a subset of the message stream being sent to Q.BLAST,
while Q.BAR gets the entire stream.

<compositeQueue name="Q.BLAST">
            <forwardTo>
              <filteredDestination selector=”color=’blue’” queue="Q.FOO" />
              <queue physicalName="Q.BAR" />
            </forwardTo>
</compositeQueue>

Hope this helps - Joe