BTW I thought you said previously that you were not that concerned
with persistence / HA?

Before we can really know the right ActiveMQ architecture to solve
your problem we need a few more details such as how many producers,
consumers, do you want queues or topics and exactly what the traffic
shape is (out of the 200K messages per second, can we partition them
etc).

If you have a single consumer processing 10 million messages/minute on
a single destination (say 200K/second) you'll struggle a bit on a
blade/PC to reach that throughput with a single broker - 30Kish is the
more usual rate for a single consumer on a topic; similarly if all
this is on a single destination then a network of brokers won't help
in the slightest (in fact its a really bad idea :).