The tables I sent before have a row named "Number of consumers". These are
from org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.DestinationViewMBean#getConsumerCount

I also put a breakpoint in org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Topic#dispatch
And logged the number of consumers
(org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Topic#consumers.length()), on every
broker (including A) it was always 2 (of type
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.TopicSubscription).

Is this what you mean when you say "we have two subscriptions on A"?

Also, can you confirm that my understanding of conduitSubscriptions is
correct?
The way I understand it is that if there is a broker (X) who sends a message
to another broker (Y) that has multiple subscriptions for it then X tracks
it as just one subscription so that it does not have to send the message
multiple times.

I am trying to debug where exactly does the decision not to conduit get made
but I am still kind of lost in the code.

Tomas