There's just not enough detail in what you've stated to provide any
concrete help with your migration.

You said, "...it looks like BrokerService is used throughout the
application," but you've provided no details about _how_ BrokerService is
used. Most applications using an embedded broker are pretty straightforward
when it comes to broker configuration. They typically create a broker
instance, configure it with a few endpoints (e.g. queues, topics, etc.),
configure a couple of other parameters, start it, use it, and when the
application is done it shuts the broker down. Does your application follow
this basic pattern? Does it configure the broker programmatically or does
it load configuration files? Does it rely on automatic creation of
endpoints?

In order to replace BrokerService with EmbeddedActiveMQ we need specific
details about how BrokerService is being used.

Hope that helps!

Justin