On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Dan Armbrust
<daniel.armbrust.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm at a loss trying to understand how archiva deals with version
> numbers overall.
>
> It seems to have arbitrary, undocumented behavior within the validator
> (at least on the gui upload).  I don't see any reason at all why
> archiva should have a say over the makeup and composition of a version
> number.  At most, it would seem that the version number would need to
> be valid as a part of a file name across all OS platforms.  But beyond
> that, why should it care?

This is the issue I remember:  https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1172

My argument was the same -- if Maven thinks it's okay as a version
number, why would Archiva think differently?

It sounds like you are able to upload the artifact though, so it's not
quite the same issue.  My upload was failing and saying "invalid
version".

When you say it's hidden, where exactly are you looking?  Does it show
up when you view the repository directly /archiva/repository/myrepo/
and not when you browse with the html view
/archiva/browse/groupid/artifact?

Sorry, I don't have the 1.3.x branch running to test it, I'm using trunk.

--
Wendy