> Is there anything in the logs at the time of the upload, or the next
> time it tries to index?  I vaguely recall an issue with a similar
> version number...
>
> -Wendy

I don't have access to the server in question, unfortunately.

I also don't have a copy running locally at the moment to test.  I
hoped it would be an easy enough thing to test for a developer :)

I'm at a loss trying to understand how archiva deals with version
numbers overall.

It seems to have arbitrary, undocumented behavior within the validator
(at least on the gui upload).  I don't see any reason at all why
archiva should have a say over the makeup and composition of a version
number.  At most, it would seem that the version number would need to
be valid as a part of a file name across all OS platforms.  But beyond
that, why should it care?