I'm still not really spotting anything indicating why it's not using the host, but I suspect that's just because I don't really know what I'm looking for - so I've zipped the whole log for today and stuffed it on dropbox at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47728104/management-server.log.gz.

Hopefully someone who's used cloudstack a lot more will have more success!

Thanks,

Elliot

Elliot Berg wrote:
I'm going back over everything and I've noticed something else - everywhere I've looked for how to use local storage says I should change two global settings;

  * system.vm.use.local.storage = true
  * use.local.storage = true

However I'm looking at my global settings and only the first exists (which I have set to true).

Elliot

Elliot Berg wrote:
Ah, so when looking back a bit further before (I was kind of only looking for exceptions higher up before now), I've just spotted this...

2014-07-03 10:48:28,765 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator] (Job-Executor-3:job-46 = [ 92fb959d-edc5-4fe2-84a0-5 6001226e4ac ] FirstFitRoutingAllocator) Looking for speed=1000Mhz, Ram=1024 2014-07-03 10:48:28,765 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator] (Job-Executor-3:job-46 = [ 92fb959d-edc5-4fe2-84a0-5 6001226e4ac ] FirstFitRoutingAllocator) Host name: cloudstack-host1, hostId: 1 is in avoid set, skipping this and try
ing other available hosts

That's the one and only host - so I'm guessing that has something to do with it!

Elliot
--
Elliot Berg  | Analyst Programmer/Network Team
Email: elliot.b...@avcosystems.com <mailto:elliot.b...@avcosystems.com> | Tel: 01753 213700 | Web: www.avcosystems.com <http://www.avcosystems.com>

ilya musayev wrote:
Elliot,

When you see such an error - there usually a predecessor message that says CloudStack checked for X, Y and Z and found no suitable resources based on your configuration.

Put the logs on pastebin or some other site (strip out any private info you dont want to share). I would also recommend cloudstack 4.3.1 (which is not officially out yet) but should come thru in the next several weeks. Its latest stable release of CloudStack 4.3.0 - with latest bug fixes.

I've put a build for folks who want to try it out until we complete official release of ACS 4.3.1 process.

Unzip tgz and it should have required RPMs with both Open Source and Non-Open Source modules.

http://www.cloudsand.com/cloudstack-4.3.0-1.tgz

Regards
ilya