Doh! I did, but forgot about it being on a funny port. Now that I'm into the VM I can see that it's not running, and fails to start when it tries to bind to the address that it should have on the guest range. I notice that "ifconfig -a" shows two NICs, only one of which is up (the one with the link local IP). I'm guessing that indicates a more general networking issue?

I think how it's laid out is 10.4.0.0-255 for physical machines (1 is the management server, 2 is the first host), 10.4.1.0-255 is the management network and 10.4.2.0-255 is the guest network...but it's possible I've misunderstood the networking config during setup? What I really wanted was hosts on 10.4.0.0-255 and guests on 10.4.1.0-255 (and beyond), as in the future I'd like it to co-exist with our existing infrastructure while we migrate things - but I kept being told about conflicts etc when I tried to set up cloudstack like that during the initial set up process?

Thanks,

Elliot

Jayapal Reddy Uradi wrote:
Hi Elliot,

Did you ssh to VR using the ssh key ?
Ex: ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa.cloud -p 3922 root@169.254.3.196

If it is failed to ssh, then there is issue with the ssh keys.

Thanks,
Jayapal

On 09-Jul-2014, at 4:43 PM, Harikrishna Patnala<harikrishna.patn...@citrix.com>