Yes, agree! Proper snapshotting is a must and an essential part of the cloud in
my world. Having this feature broken in KVM for many years is a big blow to
CloudStack in my opinion.

I am already seeing on blogs and mailing lists people switching to OpenStack
because of this problem. I hate to see people leaving CloudStack as I think
it's fantastic project and a really great community!

Andrei