On Nov 25, 2014, at 2:59 AM, Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 for what Nux said - freezing new development for CloudStack and
> polishing new stuff.
>
> We already discussed this during CCCEU14, and I really think this should be
> priority - but discussion during CCCEU14 and really doing it as discused
> are 2 different things, hoping developers will align to the goals...
> Because, I understand that some developers want to work on new features,
> and that fixing bugs and improving current stuff is more boring - but it
> makes no sense to me to make new stuff without current one not working good
> in some areas.

In my opinion we are making a mistake in our community in splitting the users
and the developers.

There seems to be a thinking that only folks that are on the dev list can
actually fix the code, docs etc.

Anyone can, this is open source at the Apache Software Foundation.

Anyone can join the dev@ list and help there, also you don't need to be on the
dev list to submit patches, submit bugs , correct the docs.

There is no such thing as "the devs" and "the users".

When we ask for things to be fixed, we can fix it ourselves. The problem like
in any open source software is that CloudStack as a project does not have
developers on staff that can fix things on-demand. We are very much dependent
on whoever works on the code to fix things.

In JIRA there is a way to vote for issues.

So what I suggest is that everyone takes a bit of time, to vote on their top 5
issues, once we have significant amount of votes we can publicize amongst
ourselves and see who will have time and knowledge to be able to fix them.

-sebastien