Thanks for all the further suggestions. I'll use Coccon 2.1. (I dont know anything about Spring/Maven/Hibernate)

Derek Hohls wrote:
Personally, I would think that Cocoon 2.1 is the most well-developed
and stable of the series.  2.0 is really out-of-date.  2.2 might be worth
tackling if you're prepared to learn the associated frameworks such as
Spring and Hibernate, plus be prepared to do Java coding; but, as many
others have pointed out, the documentation is not adequate (not that this problem is unique to 2.2, as you will see by trawling through the
dim-and-distant archives).