Hi David,

we have a huge product based on cocoon 2.1.11 / spring / hibernate and
started 5 years ago with the flowscript / continuations aproach.
meanwhile we introduced adapters to use javaclasses instead of
flowscripts. main reason for not using apples directly was, that we did
not want to change our authorization logic which is embedded in global
flowscripts which are executed upon every request coming in and then
dispatching to the correct controllers.

by using java we can benefit from refactoring tools in eclipse,
auto-complete, AOP, spring ....

cheers,

gabriel

David Legg <david.l...@searchevent.co.uk>
10.09.2009 23:55
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
Alternative to Javascript + continuations?

Hi Robby,

> ...Whereas I used flowscript very heavily in the past, I'm tending
> towards java based solutions more and more and Cocoon3.0 sounds
> promising with it's REST-controllers.

Out of curiosity, when you say you are using less flowscript and more
Java these days what do you replace the flowscript with?

I thought one of Cocoon's best contributions to humanity was flowscript
together with continuations so I'm curious to learn what you use
instead... are you using Apples?

Regards,
David Legg