Nogmaals bedankt, Huib.
I built Cocoon 2.1.11 in ~/.m2/repository as you suggested, and checked that
my settings.xml points to this repo. Now i'm having (what must be total
noob) trouble getting Maven to find the Validation blocks in the local
repo.

I've tried dozens of variations of the following POM dependencies:

<dependency>
    <groupId>cocoon</groupId>
    <artifactId>cocoon-validation</artifactId>
    <version>2.1.11</version>
</dependency>
 <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
            <artifactId>cocoon-validation-impl</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </dependency>

.. but still get a build fail:

Could not resolve dependencies for project com.mycompany:lsdb:jar:1.0.0:
Could not find artifact
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-validation-impl:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT

The worst part is with your earlier help, it was working for a few days.
Then the builds started failing again. So if nothing in Maven central has
changed, that means my earlier attempts to install the Validation block
locally (in the Cocoon app, not in the Maven repo) worked.

Now i'm looking for a way to tell Maven to get the -impl block from:

 ~/.m2/repository/cocoon-2.1.11/src/blocks/validation/

.. I've tried a number of things but can't find the key. Any clues?

Cheers,
- Myles
Helsinki

 [...]