Thanks, Huib, that must be it:

Although i've built Cocoon in my repos, and there are .java files for the
specific validation functions i'm seeking to call,
cocoon-validation-impl-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and it's POM are nowhere to be
found, locally or online. My best explanation for my problems is that this
file was in an online Maven repo a couple of weeks ago, and now is not.

Does anyone know where or how to find cocoon-validation-impl-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
?

Thanks,
- Myles
Helsinki