chihi asma wrote:
I downloaded the subproject and when I execute the mvn install command I get
this error:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/felix/felix/1.0.2/felix-1.0.2.pom
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.felix
ArtifactId: felix
Version: 1.0.2

  org.apache.felix:felix:pom:1.0.2

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

From the above error message it seems that maven could not find one of the dependency needed by the goal, but I have checked and the required artifact is deploy on the Maven Central repository. So, maven should be able to download the missing artifact by itself as long as maven can access to internet.

Were you connect to internet when you executed the command "mvn install"? Are you using a proxy to access to internet?

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
org.apache.felix:felix for project: null:upnp:pom:1.0.0 for project
null:upnp:pom:1.0.0
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:376)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:289)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:126)
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Cannot find
parent: org.apache.felix:felix for project: null:upnp:pom:1.0.0 for project
null:upnp:pom:1.0.0
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1259)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:745)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFileInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:476)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:197)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:548)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:458)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:362)
        ... 11 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: POM
'org.apache.felix:felix' not found in repository: Unable to download the
artifact from any repository

  org.apache.felix:felix:pom:1.0.2

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
 for project org.apache.felix:felix
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:571)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1255)
        ... 17 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException: Unable
to download the artifact from any repository

  org.apache.felix:felix:pom:1.0.2

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:206)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:73)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:524)
        ... 18 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException: Unable to
download the artifact from any repository
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(DefaultWagonManager.java:324)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:194)
        ... 20 more
[INFO] Total time: 20 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu May 21 16:25:48 WAT 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
Thanks in advance