Hi Maurice,

Thanks for helping out too.

Moving to anything above 4.6 is impossible without severe development from
our end. Our primary limiting factor is we use the IBM ILOG Elixir Gantt
Chart component and it is critical to our application. This was not
originally owned by IBM and was well supported in the early days. Nowadays
following the buy out, development and support is virtually none existant.
The last working version of Flex SDK that is compatible is 4.6, anything
above that results in the following error:

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable
com.ibm.ilog.elixir.utils::LicenseHandler is not defined.

As a result we need to write our own component to replace this one but that
will require significant man days of effort or get them to support later SDK
version which will also result in a long wait (if it ever happens)!

So.......

Maurice/Alex, I have downloaded the 4.9.1 SDK and reconfigured the
application to use it. Ignoring the fact the gantt control based
functionality breaks, I can test the chart functionality as it's in a
completely different area. *With the 4.9.1 SDK the chart is still as slow
initialising, so that change does not help after all*.

I have a chart defined thus (it's only partially based on the real one but
what I'm testing against at the moment):

<mx:LineChart id="requiredVsActualLineChart"
dataProvider="{requiredVsActualDataProvider}" showDataTips="true"
dataTipFunction="requiredVsActualDataTipFunction"  height="210" width="100%"
paddingTop="4" paddingRight="20">
        <mx:horizontalAxis>
                <mx:CategoryAxis id="requiredVsActualCategoryAxis"
categoryField="On"/>
        </mx:horizontalAxis>
</mx:LineChart>

Now if after the chart has shown I run the following code to set up the
vertical axis, it takes 8 seconds!!!!

var linearAxis:LinearAxis = new LinearAxis();
linearAxis.interval = 0.1;
linearAxis.baseAtZero = true;
linearAxis.maximum = 100;
linearAxis.minimum = 0;
requiredVsActualLineChart.verticalAxis = linearAxis;

So what is up with that?!