Hi,

On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 21:24 -0700, protonpusher wrote:

> I am having a problem saving documents to a share on a network drive. When I
> attempt to save a file in Libreoffice to a network share I get the message:
>
> Error saving the document Untitled1:
> General Error.
> General input/output error.
>
> In the error message the document is always called Untitled1, no matter what
> I attempt to call it. Also, if I attempt to open a file on the network share
> through Libreoffice, nothing happens: the file does not open, but there is
> no error message.
>
> The system is Ubuntu 11.04 on a pc, and the version of Libreoffice is 3.3.2.
> The drive is a Western Digital MyBook Live. I can view the shares, and if I
> double click files in Ubuntu they will open in Libreoffice fine. I can also
> save modified documents to shares on the network drive (can't change the
> name though, or I get the above error message) . I tested saving files with
> Simple Scan, and it could save new files to shares on the drive with no
> problem. Also, I have an old Mac Powerbook G4 with Ubuntu 10.04, and
> OpenOffice. The G4 can open and save files to the shares on the drive with
> no issues. I think this is a problem with Libreoffice on my machine.
>
> Any though on how I might get Libreoffice to communicate a bit better with
> my network drive? Thanks

How are connecting to the drive, is it a USB connection or some other
connection?

A few thoughts come to mind, one you could have a corrupt install of LO
or something important to communicate with your drive, another you have
a misconfigured connection on your pc, or for some strange reason you
are missing a package.

I would try a quick and dirty check in Synaptic (it may be called
Package Manager) click on the status button. If you see a listing for
broken packages open it and reinstall the packages. If you do not see a
listing for broken packages we will need to dig further.

I use a LO 3.3.2 on Pinguy/Ubuntu 11.04.

--
Jay Lozier
jsloz...@gmail.com