On 15/06/11 6:21 AM, protonpusher wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies.

1) I just checked the Package Manager for LO, I went to the status button,
scrolled down to the LO packages, and everything looked ok. The
Libreoffice-filter-mobiledev and  Libreoffice-report-builder-bin did not
have the "package supported" icon listed, but nothing was listed as broken.
I am a bit new to Ubuntu and LO, so I am not sure if there are further
checks to do. However earlier I removed LO, and tired to install OOo.
Interestingly trying to install OOo in Ubuntu reinstalled LO instead.
Anyway. I still had the same problem.

2) I was able to open save text files to the network share using Text Editor
with no problem.

3) As for the drive, it is connected to a router via ethernet (It is the
MyBook Live drive). The western digital software allows share to be either
public or private on the drive. I have the shares set to public so that they
are accessible to everyone in the house. The other 3 computers on the
network (1 windows xp, 1 windows 7, 1 Ubuntu 10.04 on mac G4) can fully
access files via LO.

Again, thanks for any insights.

Hi. So as I understand it then, Ubuntu 10.04 + OO is working, 11.04 + LO is not. Can you install LO on the G4 to see if it works, I have OO and LO both on my linux machines without conflict. This will test if it is the Ubuntu version, I had an issue when Suse made a change to their smb drivers.
steve