Yes.  As you said, if you click no when it prompts you to create a key now.
Not only can you not create a key later, but you also cannot add data to
the table .   Again, I'm using the odb file for my database.  Would it not
make sense to block the user from being able to click "no" for creating a
primary key or fixing it so that a primary key can be created latter?  It
really sounds like a bug because it's all too easy to get yourself into a
bad situation where it's not clear why you cannot add records to the table.