Hi :)
I think it's better if they make suggests rather than being dictatorial
otherwise people make a determined stand to go another way.  Prohibition didn't
work in the US and other countries have tried to suppress this or that which
has continued anyway despite a government outlawing it or even grown in
popularity once it becomes "naughty".