Hi :)
It is a classic neurotypical thing that many in IT find really tough to
cope with.  So i can both see why some people are having trouble with it
and why others find it fun.

The "getting acquainted with people in a group" is an excellent summary of
it.  It's fun for some and difficult for others.  [shrugs]  No-one has to
join in and not joining in doesn't exclude you from the
group/team/whatever.

I agree with Tom C that we can't use these stats as meaningful, unbiased
research! ;)