On 5/21/05, Nick Kew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Maxim Vexler wrote:
> > I know that this is possible on UNIX by simply moving the log file to
> > a different name,
>
> No, that doesn't do what you think.  Not while apache is running.

Please explain, how does log rotation works then ?

> Did you read the section in the documentation about log rotation?

I have read this page : http://httpd.apache.org/docs/logs.html#rotation
If this is not the page I should have been reading then please point
me to the correct one.

---->>>>>> for 2.x documentation, see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/logs.html#rotation
---->>>>>>you may want to also check out http://www.cronolog.org