Sander Temme wrote:

On Sep 15, 2007, at 8:30 AM, Mark A. Craig wrote:

Nothing? No one has ever used rotatelogs.exe? Well, surely all you pros out there are rotating your companies' logs somehow... what and how are you doing it, and is it something I can use?

Rotatelogs should once again be usable as of 2.2.7. Before, the brokenness lay in the fact that it would leak stale rotatelogs.exe processes and cmd.exe shells upon server stop, start, restart or child process recycling (like crashes). Your config file problem is likely just that: a config file problem. Your config files should be ASCII, and there should be no need to edit them with anything more sophisticated than Notepad.

I have the following invocation of rotatelogs commented out in one of my configurations:

CustomLog "|d:/httpd-2.2.3-ssl/bin/rotatelogs.exe d:/cedserver/logs/access-%Y-%m-%d.log 86400 -420" common

Note 1) forward slashes 2) no spaces in the paths (perhaps you can do that with careful quoting but I didn't have the patience" 3) 24 * 60 * 60 == 86400 seconds in a day (not a week like another respondent seems to think) and -420 is 7 timezones west of GMT, your mileage may vary.

Yes, that was a typo on my part... was waiting for someone to notice. :)

Norm