Hi Kirst,
thanks for your assistance.
I exported the keystore file on remoteserver:

keytool -export -alias tomcat -rfc >  tomcat.pem
I then ftp'ed tomcat.pem to proxy server (apache) to run c_rehash as root on
the ssl/ directory.

A link was created:
cc5d41ae.0 -> tomcat.pem

When doing
openssl s_client -CApath /path/to/ca/certificates -connect remoteserver:8443

The CN displays the remoteserver

CONNECTED(00000004)
…
---
Certificate chain
…
---
Server certificate
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
..
---
No client certificate CA names sent
---
---
New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA
Server public key is 1024 bit
Compression: NONE
Expansion: NONE
SSL-Session:
    Protocol  : TLSv1
    Cipher    : EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA
    Session-ID: 480357285859DB7A420754C6062AE334E398F8C90064E0B8E39F6C7F21753DB4
    Session-ID-ctx:
    Master-Key:
BDD6FAE6136A55CE4AA4F5050ED22E318131264E2857E37D917CEF28C51094280768177BE7EC9C1044109670B44CCE61
    Key-Arg   : None
    Start Time: 1208178472
    Timeout   : 300 (sec)
    Verify return code: 0 (ok)
---

But When I GET the page, nothing is returned.

Any idea?
thanks