On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:03 PM, Melanie Pfefer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  SSLProxyEngine On
>
> SSLProxyCACertificatePath /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl
>  ProxyPass /abc/ https://backend:8443/abc/
>  #ProxyPassReverse /abc/ https://abc:8443/abc/
>
>  The redirects works. But proxying not.

ProxyPass does a proxy, not a redirect. Do you have a "redirect"
directive somewhere in your confing?

>  If I commented out the last line (ProxyPassReverse), firefox gives:
>
>  'Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
> address in a way that will never complete.
>  This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
> cookies'

Well, basically something is doing a redirect. Something, probably
your backend server. You need to find out how to either stop your
backend server from
issueing redirects, or either make your backend server do redirects to
the correct url.

Basically when you run a web application behind a reverse proxy you
must configure it as if it was on the reverse proxy itself. How to do
this I don't know, as you haven't shown us what is really on your
backend.

Krist

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]